Welcome to H2Know, the New Zealand Hydrological Society's webpage dedicated to education in hydrology
(Updated 21 May 2012)
H2Know is a trademark of the New Zealand Hydrological Society (Incorporated), a non-profit organisation founded in 1961 and dedicated to furthering the science of hydrology and its application to improving the understanding and management of New Zealand's water resources.
The following education resources are available through this page:
- Water information directory: a metadatabase that lists hydrological information in New Zealand and directs users where to find it.
- Thesis database: contains references and full abstracts to about 600 academic theses on New Zealand rivers, streams, lakes, groundwaters etc.
- A1-size posters that summarise water in New Zealand and aimed at school children -
The Water Cycle;
Where is Water;
Who needs Water. There is also a companion activities and facts resource kit for teachers .
- Freshwaters of New Zealand (published jointly with NZ Freshwater Sciences Society) (SOLD OUT)
- Groundwaters of New Zealand
- Floods and Droughts: the New Zealand Experience
- Gravel Bed Rivers V.
- Annual symposia/conferences (with printed abstract volumes) where student presentations are welcome.
- Holding workshops.
- Listing links to other sites (some educational) and to meetings.
- Publishing the peer-reviewed Journal of Hydrology (New Zealand).
- Production of a bi-ennial newsletter (Current).
The main Society website is located at www.hydrologynz.org.nz and many of the tabs at the top and the links at the left go directly to that page.
To find out more about who we are and what we do look at The Society page.
For more about membership fees and how to join look at the Membership page.
Short Courses updated 10 November 2009
Tertiary Courses updated 7 January 2010
Current #41 is at the printers
Journal issue 50 (2) wasposted December 2011